All incoming (first time) ninth graders are immediately eligible for participation in the athletic program. However, to maintain eligibility an athlete must:
- have been enrolled no later than the fourth Friday after Labor Day.
- not have turned 19 before Sept. 1st.
- have had a physical examination on file in the athletic office (since April 15).
- have not been enrolled in more than eight semesters in high school (9-12).
- have passed at least four full credit subjects the previous semester of enrollment.
- be currently passing at least four full credit subjects.
- have not changed schools without a corresponding move by your parents or legal guardian, with whom you were living.
- have not received money or other valuable considerations for participating in MHSAA sponsored sports.
- have not participated in non-school contests during your sport season after having reported to your school team.
- have not competed in an all-star or national championship after having played for a high school team in the same sport.